Monday 2 May 2011

The Incredible Hulk Review

I find it sad that this movie didn't get great reviews or do well at the box office.  I think it is one of the best comic book movies in recent memory.  I really like the way they make Banner a more human character that anyone can relate to.  Too often, this doesn't happen with the alter-egos in comic book movies.  This is due in large part to the excellent use of music and the terrific acting by Ed Norton.

The Incredible Hulk is also brilliantly cast.  All of the actors make their characters believable.  The trick to this is to act like you're in a comic book but without the over the top cheesiness of a comic book.  That's a tough thing to do and they do it very well with this one.  The possible exception is Liv Tyler.  But that could be because I'm just not a fan.

See it.  It's actually very good.

3 comments:

  1. Dude,
    I really enjoyed this movie. I am really disappointed that Ed Norton is being replaced in the avengers movies still to come. Especially since he is being replaced by Mark Rufulo (sp?).
    How do you feel this movie stands up against other Marvel movies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say, I didn't know Norton wasn't coming back. That SUCKS! He's one of Hollywood's best. I think this one is my favourite Marvel movie. I like the Iron Man ones and am looking forward to both Captain America and Thor. I liked Spiderman. But two and three were not great. Especially three. It stunk. But The Incredible Hulk really made the secret identity of the hero seem more human than the others. For me, this makes it more than just a good comic book movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what I like about the incredible hulk in general is the aspect of a reluctant hero. Comic fans generally want to have super powers and this one is about a guy who would prefer not to have them. I think it is a cool premise and offers a lot more opportunity for characterization by the writer and actors. Norton certainly took advantage of this.

    ReplyDelete